During my break, I had lots of help around the house. Some of that help came in the form of running errands, most often to the grocery store. On one of those trips, I requested Jiffy CORN MUFFIN mix. This is what I got.
Oh, well...I worked things out that evening but I still had 4 boxes of yellow cake mix in my pantry. So today, I thought it would be just perfect for my family to enjoy a little something sweet and check in with my "sweet friends." This Honey Bun Cake recipe has been around forever but that's ok, it helped me out today, dessert is checked off my list, plus my house smells amazing...
Honey Bun Cake
1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) Yellow Cake Mix
1 cup sour cream
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
6 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour a 13 X 9 inch pan
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream and oil, using a hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon
- Pour 1/2 of cake batter into baking pan.
- Top with cinnamon sugar making sure to sprinkle evenly.
- Pour remaining batter into cake pan spreading evenly.
- Using a knife, swirl a figure 8 pattern into the cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While cake is baking, make the glaze.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Cut into squares and serve.