First you get the sweet smell of the warm onions, then you see the puffy pastry along with the melted cheese - oh my gosh, it was SO good. Within seconds, my party turned into chaos with 4 grown women fighting over the last bite.
I think this puffed pastry tart is just right for an appetizer, side dish or a snack. Just be ready for a food fight...you've been duly warned, friends.
Spring Onion Tart1 sheet of puffed pasty
3 to 4 spring onions - cleaned with ends removed
1/3 cup Feta Cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Smooth out pastry on a floured board or counter.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Crumble Feta cheese over pastry.
- Cut large onions in half length wise and place over cheese.
- Place smaller, whole onions on pastry.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
- While warm, grate Parmesan cheese over tart.
- Drizzle slightly with additional olive oil.
- Cool and cut into squares for serving.